
I will have to be the first one to admit ... I am a very sentimental person. I like to reflect on special dates in my life, and in the lives of my family and friends. With that being said, I didn't think that I could pass up this opportunity to reflect on this day, one year ago.
Emma just celebrated her birthday on the 28th of this month, but today is actually the anniversary of the day that we brought her home with us. All through the day I have been glancing at the clock and thinking about
what I was doing at this time last year. We went to the hospital at 8:00am and left around noon with our little bundle of joy. I know that every parent thinks back to the time when they met their little son or daughter for the first time, and isn't new life just a miracle? Well, Emma is a very special little girl and Brigham and I count our blessing everyday and wouldn't know what to do without her.

So, all I can say now, is that last year, as a very fresh and inexperienced parent I spent the night with a crying baby, and no idea of how to comfort her in her time of need. Yikes... not such a good memory. So here is to better times, and hopefully a night filled with blissful sleep. Cheers!

5 comments:
Talk about pictures say a thousand words... I love the shot of you holding Emma (for the first time?) Beautiful.
Stephie,
I really, really wished we could have been there with you on her birthday. Talk about bring tears to our eyes, recalling those memories of her placement. Wow, time has really flown. We love her and we are so happy that she is part of the Christensen clan!
Wow I can't believe this all happened a year ago. Time really does fly. She is such a cutie and so lucky to have you and Brig as parents. Looks like her special day was lots of fun. Happy day sweet Emma! (Love the photo of you and Emma on the bed...did Brig take it)?
Thanks everyone for the nice thoughts. Emma is an amazing little girl, and WOW is right... time goes by soooo fast. As for taking pictures... I wish that Brig would have taken them. I think that everyone would agree... if we don't take pictures of ourselves with our children every now and then, our posterity might think that we never existed. I am hoping that I come across a cable release one of these days. It might save me time jumping on and off the bed :)
Wow, great post. I too can't believe she has been yours for a year now. What a miracle baby. Here's to many many more happy years!
Post a Comment