

Emma turned one year old yesterday. Grandma and Grandpa came up to spend a couple of days with us and we really enjoyed their company. I think that Emma had a good day, we went out to get a burger and fries at Center Street Grill, then we did some shopping, grabbed an ice cream cone at Charlies and headed home for dinner, cake and presents. Daddy had to work in SLC all day, but he made it home in time for the evening celebrations. Emma loved her birthday (cup)cake. She ate most of it, and then shared the rest with Butch. She liked playing with her new toys and balloons, but was really happy to go to bed and call it a day!


After everyone went to bed last night, I read a couple entries that I had written in my journal about the day that Emma was born. I can't believe what can happen in a year. Last year on this date, Brigham and I had spent the night in the hospital with Christy and her family waiting for Emma to be born. She came into this world at 4:09 am on a Wednesday morning. We spent two hours with her and then had to go home at wait.... and wait.
I am so grateful that everything worked out they way that it did. I am thankful that I had the opportunity to sit on my sofa last night and relive this wonderful experience and be grateful that it was a year later, and that I wasn't there sitting and wondering if we would get the opportunity to hold our little girl again.
Happy Birthday Emma, we love you!


3 comments:
It looks like Emma had a great party. Wish we could have been there. Did she get some great toys? Love you guys.
This is Jody (Christine's friend in Mesquite) I love, love, love, the picture of her cup cake (cake). The platter is so cute!!! I love checking out your blog. That is a good idea to have one family blog that you can all post on!
Hi Jody,
I think that I met you last time I was in Mesquite visiting the Memmotts... don't you teach R.S? I have to admit that I am always looking for some reason to celebrate, so I can break out my cake plate. I got it online from Mikasa, and I change the ribbon for different occastions. It is fun, fun, fun! Thanks so much for visiting our family blog.
Post a Comment