Wednesday, December 24, 2008

christmas eve...



The day has finally arrived that the kids have been waiting for... Santa comes tonight. I have always loved Christmas eve. My mom always makes a fabulous dinner, starting with shrimp cocktails (which she probably has ready for tonight), and ending with some blueberry cheesecake. My grandparents spent a lot of Christmases with us and now my parents and children are making some of those great memories. We kids, couldn't wait to open a present (usually pajamas) on Christmas eve. We tried to go to bed early so Christmas would come quickly... it never worked, and who can sleep on Christmas eve. My brother and sisters would all end up in one bedroom trying so hard to sleep......unsuccessfully. We did have a lot of fun waiting for Santa. By the time we finally got to sleep it was hard to get up the next morning. Especially for Steph. I asked Jordan why she was so excited for Christmas and she said, "Mom, it's fun to open the presents". Now as time has gone by I still love Christmas eve. I love to see the excitement in my children's eyes, the anticipation in the air and still being to excited to sleep on Christmas eve.

No comments: