Tuesday, June 10, 2008

our morning routine




We didn't plan on this, but Emma and I have a daily routine. We get up in the morning, get Emma dressed and fed, and then we head to the bathroom for Mom to start working on herself. Emma loves the bathtub, she likes throwing my towels in, (and sometimes her toys) and turning the water on. She likes to stick her hands under the faucet and lick the water off. Some of you have asked me why you don't see her hearing aids on her in some of the pictures... this is why... water is DANGEROUS to hearing aids. If Emma is not playing in the bathtub, she is crying at my feet waiting for me to pick her up. So I put her up on the sink and while I get the war paint applied, she brushes her teeth, most of the time with Daddy's toothbrush... and then she gives herself a great big kiss.


After our bathroom routine is over, it's time for play. Emma loves her truck, she pushes it all over the house and most of the time she is running. She has a great race track... she usually starts in the living room, heads into the kitchen, around the island, through the living room again, down the hallway into my bedroom, into the bathroom and back down the hallway until she reaches the living room again. She does this over and over again, this is why she probably takes three hour naps everyday, and Mommy loves it when she naps. SUCH FUN!!!


I hope that everyone has a great day!

3 comments:

Karol said...

"get the warpaint applied" !! ha, ha :) I love it!

Margie said...

Love the pics - especially "The Kiss" She is so cute - at that great age.

Love M

Marci said...

Steph,
Did I mention what a doll she is? Those are so cute. We really had a great time with her and we look forward to having her in July. My kids are already talking about it. We love you, and thanks for the phone call and your condolences. We are sad but the reality is that it is better this way and we'll have to try again.
Love you, Marci