I thought that I might introduce you to emma's little friends.
This is "bunny" and this is "dolly"
Emma hasn't taken much interest in favorite things. She has always loved blankets, but not a specific one until these past couple of weeks. It is the same with toys and animals. We have had "bunny" and "dolly" for quite awhile, but it hasn't been until these past months that she has really taken much notice of them.
Every two weeks we have Jennifer come to our house to help emma with her hearing and development. She is doing great with her hearing, but Jennifer thought that it might be a good idea to help teach her some sign language. So I put the video "Signing Time" in for her to watch everyday and she gets really excited about it... but, she has to go and get dolly and bunny first. I don't know if they are a little hearing impaired also, or if they just enjoy watching the video.
Emma will usually sit on the ottoman during the whole show, which I am just amazed. Some of her favorite signs are; eat/food, milk, more, ball (her version of ball is very similar to the sign for more), doggie, and baby. I don't know why she doesn't sign mommy or daddy yet, maybe she just enjoys saying the words instead of signing them.
I can't believe how fast little children learn. When emma wakes up in the morning, I go into her room to pick her up, and one of the first things she does, is sign... milk. It is soooo cute! She also knows that when I ask her if she wants to eat (as well as signing it) she walks into the kitchen and stands next to her high chair. Once again... kids are so smart.
On another note...
I have to give a shout out to Target. I love their little clothes. We were in Ogden the other day and passed a Target. I asked Brig if he would stop and let me run in and pick up a pair of shoes for the little one. He said..... don't buy anything else. Well, who could pass up this little shirt? I know it looks corny with her onesie underneath, but sometimes it stays a little chilly up here in the North :)
Mommy likes it when I make noises with my mouth.
Well this is it for the blogging this week. I have to start working and getting my samples ready to send out before we are off to Chicago next month. Even though I have to work, I would still love it if I could get some visitors!







3 comments:
cute top!!! She is so cute - and yes it is amazing what kids can learn so early!
Chicago sounds fun!!
That is such a cute color on her. I noticed in the bathroom pics how cute that color is with her skin. I love watching them learn and grow those first few years....so fun!!! We need to come up and see you, let's plan some time.
Marci
I've heard great things about the "Signing Time" videos. We know and use a handful of signs here at our home too! Emma is a DOLL!!
Post a Comment