Congratulations... to our wonderful dad!
On Friday, the family secretly came up to Salt Lake to surprise Dad at the Intermountain Health Care banquet. Dad had been in meetings all day, while we were enjoying ourselves at our cousins party. When we arrived at the Marriott the administrator at the Sevier Valley hospital escorted us to the dining room to wait for mom and dad to arrive. Just as the banquet started dad walked in, and to his surprise saw his family sitting up front. Mom, of course, started to cry (she is a Sandberg after all) and Dad was probably wondering what he was in for.
We were all there except for Kyle and Sean. Kyle was in training meetings, and Sean was sacrificing a nice Filet Mignon dinner for a Carl's Jr. burger and three little girls. I think that I can speak for all of us, when I say how proud I was of Dad. He was honored as Intermountain Trustee of the year. He has spent 32 years serving the Sevier Valley and has been the chairman of the board for most of the those years. They said so many nice things about our dad, and I think all of us were thinking how lucky we were to have such a wonderful father. Congratulations dad... we love you.

1 comment:
That's so neat and so great that all his children could be there to celebrate with him. It was fun to see you guys last Friday. Can't wait to do it again. (I wish I would have known Sean and Amy's girls needed a sitter...I would have loved to)!
Post a Comment