Monday, February 25, 2008

We've been tagged!!!

Our cousin Karol tagged us from the Dean family blog site and I am up to the challenge.

Here goes.
This tag is about our husbands.

1. What is his name? Sean Dale Merayo

2. How long have you been married? 7 years

3. Where did you meet? It depends on who you ask, but either way it was at a singles activity in the summer of 2000.

4. How long did you date? Officially only a couple of weeks, but the sparks were flying long before that.

5. Who proposed? Umh???? Good question. Sean did in an unofficial way. We talked about getting married right before he went to New Mexico for Christmas. He was planning on buying a ring down there but couldn't find one to suit his Utahn princess! Just Kidding!!! We talked very openly about it but there never was a get down on your knee proposal. On New Years Day he said, we should just run to Vegas and get married. I said okay. He said, "do you want to this weekend?" My response was, "what's wrong with right now?" So, I called off work and away we went.

6. Where and when were you married? At the Little White Wedding Chapel on the strip of Las Vegas, NV. on January 2, 2001.

7. What was your first date? Sean took me to the Garden Grill Restaurant inside Days Inn in Richfield.

8. What first attracted you to him? Okay I have two answers. You pick your favorite. 1.)His attentiveness (is that a word?) Sean was always great at making me feel like the most important person around. 2.) I have always been attracted to those who wore wranglers, and Sean wore those wranglers very very well.

9. How old is he? 30

10. Who eats more? He does I hope. Although I have given him a run for his money as I have eaten for two the majority of our marriage.

11. Who kissed who first? I kissed Sean first.

12. Who said "I love you" first? Technically, Sean did. Although I had just admitted to him that I was falling for him. I would have said it first if he hadn't told me the story about a girl who said that to him and all he could come up with was "thanks?" That could make a person a little gun shy don't ya think.

13. Whose temper is worse? Temper? hum... Whose the hungriest? Sean and I both have what you call a short fuse. The good thing is that we are typically balanced. When one of us is a little short the other compensates and visa versa.

14. Who does the laundry? I do, but Sean does the toilets.

15. Who does the dishes? It depends on who prepared the meal.

16. Who cooks dinner? When I am pregnant Sean does 95% of the cooking (he's so sweet). All other times it is 50/50.

17. Who pays the bills? I do.

18. Who mows the lawn? Sean and I draw straws for any chore that has to do with the yards. We would both rather be outside than inside any day.

19. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Is there a right side? That is a foreign language at our house. OUR philosophy on sleeping. Find a piece of the bed that is not occupied, lay down really fast and pray you get a little shut eye between the alarm clock and kids.

20. Who is smarter? I think Sean is and he says I am. I guess we both are smart in our own ways.

21. Who drives when you are together? He does thank goodness. I use to complain about never getting to drive, but since have learned the error of my ways.

22. Who is more stubborn? We are both stubborn and passive. I guess it depends on the issue.

23. Who's parents do you see the most? Mine by a long shot. We only live 2 blocks away.

24. Who has more siblings? We have the same. We are both 1 of 4.

25. Who has more friends? Definitely Sean. I am kind of a loner!

26. What is your favorite date? Any date would be great. We need to be better about dating. We don't do it much.

27. Who wears the pants in the family? Well, the only time there is a higher rank is at work where Sean wears the stripes. All other times we are equal contributors.

28. What do you like best about him now? Where do I begin? Sean is a very special person. He amazes me everyday. Just yesterday we got to sit down and watch a movie together and he wanted me to see the old movie "Shenandoah". The reason why he wanted me to watch this movie is because there is a part in it where James Stewart says to his future son-in-law. "Boy, do you like her? and the boy responds, Well, I love her sir. And the father says, When I married Martha I knew I liked her and after we were married a few years it dawned on me that I loved her." Sean loves this movie for all the subtle and not so subtle ways that James Stewart explains life. Sean has always said that you can love all you want but if you don't like the person it will never last.

Sean has always put me first in his life. He loves his children and he is an extraordinary dad. I like that Sean loves to work hard. He never complains. He just does. I like that he loves my family and feels that they are his family and that he in not just an "in-law". I like that he likes things clean and tidy. I like that he makes me a better person through his examples but he has never once asked me to change who I am. I like that I am 100% completely, crazily, infatuated with him even more today than I was when I married him. I like that my heart still drops every time I see him. I like that he loves me no matter how fat I get, how many pimples are on my face, and how moody I can be. And he still acts like I am the most beautiful woman in the world. I like that he can read my mind and finish my sentences. Sean is the one person in my life that can keep me on an even kilt. When I am frustrated with the kids and not being as nice as I should, he comes to me and says, "can I do something for you. Would you like a moment to yourself. You can lock yourself in your bedroom or go for a ride." He never tells me I am being awful, he just calmly lets me know that I may need a "mommy moment" and fills in where ever he can. I like Sean's sense of humor. I like the way people like to be around him. He comes up with some of the funniest and strangest things I have ever heard in my entire life. I could go on and on about what I like about Sean. He is my entire life. He makes me complete in every way. With out him I am about as worthless as they come. If you don't believe me, ask anyone in my family. They will tell you it is true.


Well that is all from me. I guess Steph, Tina, and Marci, you're it.

1 comment:

Papa Pete said...

I love reading what you say about Sean. It makes me want to cry!!! I know I really don't have to tell you two, but take it from someone who has been through it, never ever stop communicating with each other the way you I know you guys do. Try to make time in your busy lives for each other alone. And always, always be truthful with each other. I am so proud of you both. I would be even more lost than I am now if I didn't know, that you are only 30 minutes away and only 20 if I drive like a bat...I love you Sean Dale Merayo family....Dad (Papa "red truck")