
Today was our last day in Hawaii. Tina, Kyle, Brig and I were disappointed that we didn't hike diamond head yet, so we got up early and enjoyed a great breakfast at McDonalds and grabbed a taxi (because the bus didn't go to the park on Tuesdays). The walk was fun, but I have to say that it was a workout! Brig and Kyle walked about 25 feet and had to take a breather :)
We made it to the top, and it was beautiful. It was fun to look for our hotel that we were staying at(which was next to the Royal Hawaiian or the pink hotel). It was a little overcast, but that was due to the Vog.
We caught our breath after hiking Diamond Head and went up to see mom and dad in there room. They were busy packing and hadn't made it out of the room yet. We decided to extended our check out time and walk down to Leonard's and meet up with Steve and Marci for Malasadas. It was a hot walk, and further than we were told, but the Malasadas were great. We grabbed a couple extra and took them back to mom and dad, and also the Merayos.
We had to check out of our hotel by 1:00pm, so we got in our swimming suits and headed for the beach one more time. The hotel was nice enough to give us 30 minutes each in a complimentary suit and let us shower before we left. We walked over to the Cheesecake Factory one more time for dinner and then bid farewell to this beautiful place.




















4 comments:
I am glad you took lots of picture on the Diamond head hike - I really want to do that and as for Leonard's bakery - I had read about that place and it is a must now that I have your stamp of approval!!
Are you kidding???? It was the best time of our lives...it beats our honeymoon by a country mile!! Thanks again for everything!
Okay, Christine...I'm soooo jealous of your trip to Hawaii!! Looks like a blast! And how TALL is your brother, anyway? He makes Kyle looke short, which I know he's not.
Your kids are growing up so fast! Andrew sure is handsome. I loved Jared's clay dinosaur...that' very neat.
Melanie
What an awesome trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish our family would do something like this. How in the world did you pull it off without kids? We are supposed to all go to Tonga next year but I just don't see how I could leave my kids. HELP, I need tips!
I love the picture of everyone and duke and all the leis. Did you guys eat at his restaurant? It's my favorite in Waikiki.
Post a Comment