Monday, October 20, 2008

Last visit to the lake




playing on the swings

picking up pumpkins

finding apples

our beautiful mother



Brig, Emma and I drove down to Salina/Fishlake this past weekend to help Mom and Dad close down the cabin for the winter. We spent Thursday night in Salina. We went down to the local Mexican restaurant for dinner and then came home and played a couple hands of cards. It wasn't Brig's night, but he hung in there until the end of the games. Mom had surgery on both of her feet on Wednesday, so we let her get away with having bad manners and putting her feet on the table :)





Friday morning Brig got up and headed to Fishlake for a day full of fishing. Dad was in charge of running a free eye screening clinic at the Lions club, so I took Emma down to have her eyes checked and then we waited until dad came home before we left for the lake. We drove up to Fishlake Friday afternoon and the weather was perfect. We relaxed in the cabin, and then later Emma and I went for a walk to see if we could find any remains of fall colors. The light on its way behind the mountain, so we were able to get a couple of shots. The hardest thing about taking pictures of Emma, is that she wont hold still for one second, so most of her pictures are of the side or back of her head.



We closed down the cabin on Saturday afternoon and headed back to Salina. It is always kind of sad to close up the cabin at the end of the season. We drained the water out of the tanks, put anti-freeze everywhere we needed to, loaded the wood bucket, put the patio chairs away and covered the furniture and locked the door. So I guess all we can do now is wait with anticipation for spring.

our beautiful baby girl...

3 comments:

Margie said...

ooooooh! I love em! - I love the picking up pumpkins and the one of your mom!!! great. Emma is such a great model!! Love the little red sweater too!!

Marci said...

She is so freakin' adorable and I love the up close and personals...hey why didn't we take any pictures of our card games??? We'll just have to do that in Mesquite!

Ludvigson Family said...

Steph,
It's Jody in Mesquite. You totally need to start up a photography business. Your pics are so great. I love the one of Emma holding the pumpkin. If you are interested I would love to be your first customer. We could possibly do them down here when you come for Jareds baptism. Let me know what you think. Oh- and can you haul the white couch down too? ha ha ha. Just kidding, although I love the pics with the couch.