Monday, July 21, 2008

chicago


I have decided that Chicago is now one of my favorite places. All of this time I couldn't understand why Oprah still lived in Chicago... well now I can see why. We just got home after spending a week at CHA. It is one of the three trade shows that we attend as scrapbook manufactures. I don't know why I am still going to the shows, but I guess they must need a warm body to help sell the product. We put the booth together in such a quick time, that we decided to grab some famous Chicago pizza and head out to the Shedd Aquarium to spend some time sight seeing. I was amazed at how beautiful downtown Chicago was. I loved all the the different styles of architecture and the huge buildings. I can't believe that I am going to admit this... but I didn't realize that Chicago was right next to one of our great lakes. It looked as though we were right on the ocean because we couldn't see any land. I don't know... but maybe Chicago always has a haze that comes off of the water.



Well, we had a great time looking at the whales, dolphins, all kinds of fish and water life. We caught a 4-D movie on the planet earth. I have never attended a 4-D movie before so I was a little surprised when water splashed in our faces and our chairs moved. WOW... everyday a new adventure.









After the we left the Aquarium we drove down to the Hancock building and had dinner at the Cheesecake factory. While we were waiting for our table, the four of us girls walked around and looked at the designer stores, the Hershey building, and walked through the American Girl store.


It was a great opportunity to see a new city... the next three days were spent inside a convention center, but hopefully I will get the opportunity to go back with Brigham and see a few more museums and enjoy all that Chicago has to offer.

3 comments:

Marci said...

That looked like it was a lot of fun! I can see why you keep going to the shows. As long as you keep going to the shows we will continue loving Emma to stay with us!!

the twins said...

Loved, loved, loved the pictures. The only thing that would have been better is if you would have invited me to go along. I am sure that they could use me somewhere and I promise that I will work hard. Hopefully I will make it there someday.
Tina

Team 'Iloa said...

Fun, fun fun! Okay, so this made me a little envious. All the sight seeing and eating out without kids, my dream. Then a scrapbook convention???? Go SEI!
Hope you can catch an Oprah show next time.