Monday, March 3, 2008

what a good day...



Emma and I have had such a good day today. We haven't done too much except; work, play with toys, work on our speech, throw empty CD cases all over the house, play with the remote controls, eat lunch, read magazines, throw our toys down the stairs, and chase each other around the kitchen island and table. I am amazed that she has been in such a good mood. She has been working on getting her top teeth, they haven't broken through yet, but they keep her up at night. When Brigham called this afternoon I told him that I witnessed a miracle today... I put Emma down for her morning nap, which is usually 30 minutes and she slept for 2 1/2 hours. That is right... 2 1/2 hours continuously. Wow... it is amazing what you can get done when you have some free time.

I don't know if I told everyone yet, but Brigham and I decided to splurge. We bought us a new TV. Yeah! It has been 10 years since we have had a new one, so we figured that it's about time. We don't watch much T.V. in the morning and afternoons, but we love watching sports and action movies at night to relax. We are so excited... it feels like Christmas. The kicker is... we bought it on Saturday, but it won't be in stock until Wednesday. We thought that if we were getting a new T.V. we should probably get something for it to sit on. (I didn't want to get it mounted to the wall in case I ever decide to move the living room around) So we decided to get us a cheap, but some-what attractive T.V. stand to put our new purchase on. I love Ikea. It took Emma no time at all to get her busy little fingers prints and tongue marks all over the glass. I have to admit that we enjoy the little messes, it helps remind us everyday of our little miracle.


I don't know if I have mentioned this or not, but I love my new camera. I haven't even had it a month yet, and I have taken almost 2,000 pictures... mind you... most of them have been trashed already. I love having the camera out to catch all of the fun things that Emma is into. The minute that I pick up the camera, Emma comes running (I mean crawling). She loves getting her picture taken, and also previewing it on the LCD screen. I have a little model in the making.

So everyone get ready, I want to start taking family pictures. I need to update my picture wall, and it seems like every time I turn around, someone is getting pregnant (Sean & Amy). So lets get together soon. Well this is my post for the week. I hope that everyone is happy and healthy and I look forward to seeing you all very soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love those days!!! They are too few and far between. Emma looks freakin' adorable. You're right she is a little model.

Margie said...

What a ham!!

Marci said...

Wow, can you believe that she is going to be 1!?!? Are you having a birthday party for her? What are your plans. It is amazing how fast the time flies, isn't it? Let us know what your plans are. We would love to see her on her birthday!

Karol said...

Emma is absolutely darling! And almost 1? Wow! I love your family's blog by the way, I feel more connected to all your cute growing families! Love you!