
So, I was talking to Steve on the phone today... he called with a purpose... and that was to remind me how old I am. He said that he was watching home movies and realized that I had been out of High school for 20 years. That comment almost hurt as much as the time we lived together in Sandy... we came home from church one day and he said, "Steph, you are the oldest person in our ward... even older than all the guys". Isn't that just the way to make your sis feel good about herself??? I have to laugh because next week he will be 19 years out of HS, and then we will see who is laughing.
So I walked into my office after I got off the phone and happen to glance at this photo of the four of us, and I thought ... I am not that old, maybe everyone else is just really young?
So I walked into my office after I got off the phone and happen to glance at this photo of the four of us, and I thought ... I am not that old, maybe everyone else is just really young?
Time is moving on and much has changed from the days of hanging out at Fishlake all summer with Mom, waiting for Dad to come up on the weekends. But, the reason I like the photo above, is that it was taken about ten years ago, just as we were all starting a new phase of our lives. Tina and Kyle only had cute and adorable Andrew, Steve and Marci had a new baby ... their sweet little Lauren, Brig and I were flying solo still thinking that we were in the newlywed stage, and Amy wore that bright yellow sweater (so Clark said :) Ha Ha Ha. That makes me laugh just thinking of the day that we took family pictures in a mortuary. What were we thinking.
I really like what mom wrote on the back of this photo; "The Christensen children at Fishlake Camp, Aug. 1977. Stephie, Steve & Teena with lovable Amy." Those were the days!

2 comments:
Hey Steph
I don't have copies of those pictures. Is there anyway you can make me some?
Let's plan a camping trip to Fishlake this summer our kids need some memories like we have.
I will see what I can do to get you some of these photos this weekend.
I agree... let's plan a camping trip to doctor creek this summer!
Post a Comment